FarmGen is a Tirlán initiative in conjunction with Dairygold which aims to bring renewable solar energy solutions to Irish Farmers and individuals. FarmGen.ie is a website owned by Tirlán Limited and operated in collaboration with Dairygold Co-Operative Society Limited. We collect your personal data through the website when you register an expression of interest in the FarmGen Project.
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) sets out how Dairygold Co-Operative Society Limited (the “Society”) or its subsidiaries (“Dairygold”, “we”, “us”), handles your personal data in the context of the FarmGen Project. This notice applies to participants of the Project, those who have registered their interest in the Project via www.farmgen.ie and website visitors.
For the purposes of managing and administering the FarmGen Project, Dairygold Co-Operative Society Limited is the controller of your personal data, and you can contact us about this Notice or to exercise your rights at:
Full name of legal entity: Dairygold Co-Operative Society Limited
Email address: email@example.com
Post address: Data Protection Officer, , Dairygold Co-Operative Society Limited, Clonmel Road, Mitchelstown, Co. Cork, P67 DD36, Ireland
Dairygold is committed to ensuring that your rights under data protection laws are protected and your personal data are kept secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect and process in accordance with data protection laws.
2. WHERE DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA FROM
For the purpose of the FarmGen Project, Dairygold may collect your personal data from the following sources:
- Directly from you through your activities on the Website, such as, registering an expression of interest and filling in forms.
- Directly from you through communications with Dairygold during the ordinary course of your relationship with us.
- From your device used to access the Website.
- We may receive your Personal Data from those parties also involved in the FarmGen Project. For example, PV Generation Limited or Tirlán Limited.
3. CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
Dairygold may collect or generate the following types of personal data about you when you visit the Website, take part in, or register your interest in the FarmGen Project:
- Identity data including first name, middle name(s), surname.
- Contact details including address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- Details about the status of your FarmGen Application.
- Technical data that we collect about your device when you access www.farmgen.ie. This may include your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform.
- Communications data where you contact us with questions, comments or feedback.
- Financial information should you require funding for the installation of your sustainability solution.
4. WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND OUR LEGAL BASES
We primarily process your personal data to provide you with information on and access to the FarmGen Project. Below we have set out our purposes for processing and our legal grounds for doing so:
|What we Do
|Why we Do It
|Manage and deliver the FarmGen Project. For example, record your interest in the Project.
|To provide you with the option to register your interest and become a participant of the FarmGen Project and to support the delivery of the project.
|Share your details with relevant service providers. For example, solar panel installers.
|To make sure you can be contacted about next steps.
|Carry out our obligations arising as a result of your interest in the FarmGen Project, for example, notifying you about changes and updates to the Project or other relevant service information.
|To keep you updated with any changes to the Project.
|Our Legitimate Interests
|Share your details with third parties in the context of environmental sustainability, our greenhouse gas emission reduction targets and our Grassroots Milk Supplier Sustainability Bonus
|To improve environmental sustainability for Dairygold and its farmers and achieve our climate change objectives
|Our Legitimate Interests
|Internal record keeping in relation your expressions of interest and communications with us.
|To support and maintain your customer relationship with us and any third party supplier participating in the FarmGen Project.
|Our Legitimate Interests
|Send you marketing information on new services or related sustainability projects.
|To keep you up to date with other initiatives you might be interested in.
In certain circumstances, we may need to process your personal data for compliance with a legal obligation, for example, where it is necessary for us to comply with obligations to which we are subject under Irish and EU Law. Similarly, it may be necessary for us to process your personal data in order to establish, investigate, exercise or defend a legal claim.
Where you have provided your consent to processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent freely and at any time by contacting us through the details listed at Section 1. In the case of direct marketing, we will always provide you with an option to “unsubscribe” in each marketing communication. Please note that where you withdraw your consent, any processing which took place up until the point of withdrawal will remain valid.
Change Of Processing Purposes
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, a legal or regulatory requirement or legitimate interest to use it for another reason that is compatible with the original purpose. In the event that we might need to use your personal data for unrelated purposes, we will notify you and explain the legal basis that allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
To fulfil the purposes described above at Section 4, we may need to disclose your personal data to external third parties. These parties will include those who are assisting with the FarmGen Project and other service providers, such as:
- PV Generation Limited (“PVG”): PVG assist with the provision of solar panels as part of the FarmGen Project. Personal data that will be shared with PVG includes your expressions of interest, identity data and contact details. PVG’s privacy notice can be accessed here.
- Other suppliers who may be joined to the FarmGen Project in the future where the customer has registered their expression of interest. For example, where we offer other types of sustainability solutions.
- IT and Technical Service Providers that provide IT, technical support and website maintenance support to Dairygold and Tirlán.
- Other Service Providers such as payment service providers, mail delivery, marketing services, providers, auditors, consultants, and other professional advisors.
- Regulatory / Government Agencies such as Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine involved in the governance of dairy, agriculture and consumer food chain services.
- Third Parties, to whom we may choose to sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or our assets.
6. RETENTION OF YOUR DATA
Dairygold will retain your data for no longer than the duration required to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Notice and to meet any legal and regulatory requirements.
7. TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA“). Certain recipients, for example, some of our third-party service providers, may process your personal data outside the EEA to a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection for your personal data.
Where such transfers occur, an appropriate transfer mechanism will be put in place such as the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses. If you would like to find out more about any such transfers, please contact us on the details set out in Section 1 of this Notice.
8. CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data, which are set out below. Please note that in certain circumstances these rights may not be absolute. You have the:
- right of access: you are entitled to receive a copy of your personal data which we hold. We will only charge you for such a request where we feel your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- right to rectification: you can request that we amend any inaccurate personal data that we have about you.
- right to erasure: you can request us to erase the personal data we hold about you in certain circumstances.
- right to restriction of processing: you can request that we restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- right to data portability: you can request your personal data be provided to you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and have your personal data transmitted to another controller in certain circumstances where it is technically feasible.
- right to object: you can object at any time where we process your personal data on the legal basis of our legitimate interests or where we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Please note Dairygold does not engage in decision-making based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights or have any questions or concerns about how we use your personal information, please contact us at the above contact details in Section 1.
We will provide you with information on any action taken upon your request in relation to any of these rights without undue delay and at the latest within one month of receiving your request. We may extend this up to 2 months if necessary; however, we will inform you if this arises.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity when you seek to exercise any of your data protection rights. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission. For further information, see www.dataprotection.ie.
9. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
Tirlán may amend its Notice from time to time by updating this page. You should check this Notice regularly to keep updated with any changes made by Dairygold. This Notice was last updated on 1 November 2023.